On July 10, 1996, the Chautauqua County Legislature approved Resolution No. 186-96, "Approving Mission Statement for Chautauqua County Landfill" as follows:
- Whereas, the Environmental Committee of the Chautauqua County Legislature created an Ad Hoc Committee to review the Chautauqua County Sanitary Landfill, and
- Whereas, this committee's main objective was to develop a mission statement for the operation of the landfill and this objective has been reached, therefore be it
- Resolved, that the Chautauqua County Legislature adopts the following mission statement for the operation of the Chautauqua County Landfill:
- As the option of first choice for all solid waste generated within Chautauqua County, providing high quality service to our customers at competitive prices.
- To primarily accept solid waste generated from within the county, accepting solid wastes from without the county only to the degree that these waste steams maintain the operation of the landfill for the benefit of the residents and businesses of Chautauqua County and these out-of-county waste streams provide no increased environmental or health risks over those associated with similar wastes generated within the county.
- In full compliance with the letter and intent of all applicable environmental regulations in order to safeguard the environment, the health, and safety of the employees, customers, and neighbors.
- Hours of operation of the landfill facility and scale, are weekdays, 7:30 to 3:30. See holiday schedule (PDF).